We respect our consumers’ right to have their personal information kept private. We will only disclose your personal information when you expressly give us permission to share it with the specific online advertisers who you have elected to receive information from via the 100% opt-in registration forms on our network partners’ web sites.
Our technology serves relevant offers to consumers based on the information they choose to disclose at our network partners’ web sites while registering for valuable access to services and information. Based on the information that our network partners collect on you, such as a ZIP code, gender, or age, BirdDog Media serves offers that are more personally relevant to you and avoids wasting your time trying to get you to request information for something that you do not care about using. A 20 year old college student could not care less about getting an AARP card. Conversely, a 65 year old retiree probably does not care about getting free college scholarship information.
We simply use the basic, non-sensitive information you have provided to our network partner’s web site during their registration process as means to present offers that are more relevant and interesting to you. At the same time our advertisers benefit because they receive 100% opt-in permission based leads of people that are truly interested in learning more about their products. Finally, our web site network partners benefit because they are compensated with a stipend by the advertiser for you choosing to receive more information from them. This helps them to continue to provide free content to you and keep their company running.
1. Types of personally identifiable information BirdDog Media collects
BirdDog Media’s primary objective in collecting personal information is to provide you with the most relevant offers from our advertisers. Our web site network partners primarily generate their revenues from banner advertising and selling 100% opt-in leads so collecting basic information is essential to keeping their services free to users.
Through our network partners’ web sites, BirdDog Media collects personally identifiable information when you provide it to us, such as when you register on a web site, subscribe to an e-mail newsletter, or when you complete a survey at the site.
2. Types of anonymous information BirdDog Media gathers
You do not need to have cookies turned on when you visit one of our network partners’ web sites, although active participation in certain areas of their site may require cookies. In addition, you may elect not to allow cookies to be collected by selecting certain options on your browser.
BirdDog Media also automatically receives and records information from our servers and from your browser, including your IP address, the time, and information about the page you requested. We use tracking technologies in a variety of ways, including: keeping count of return visits to our partners’ site; accumulating and report anonymous, aggregate (data collected in mass), statistical information on web site and advertisement usage; and determining which offers consumers like best at different network partners’ sites.
Third-party advertisement servers
We do not allow third-party companies to serve their advertisements on our network partner web sites. Nor do we give them any personally identifiable information as part of our marketing relationship with them unless you expressly give us your permission to do so by taking advantage of their offer.
3. BirdDog Media use the information we gather for three specific purposes:
- To serve customized offers to you in order to help keep our network partners’ services free to you.
- To enhance the user advertising experience on our network partners’ sites tracking information is used to determine how many times you may have been exposed to a certain offer. If you are not interested in the offer after seeing it a few times we will not show it to you any more. Once you have taken advantage of an offer it does not make sense to show it to you again either. If you and people who have similar age, gender or geographic attributes are taking advantage of a certain advertiser’s offer, we assume that this offer is something of value to people who fit this profile so we will continue to place it in front of similar people.
- To fulfill your requests for certain advertiser’s products and services, such as sending out free samples or subscribing to electronic newsletters.
4. How does BirdDog Media share the information?
Personally identifiable information
BirdDog Media will only make your personally identifiable information available to other companies or people when:
- You grant us your explicit consent to share your information.
- We have engaged companies to work with or on behalf of BirdDog Media to provide a product or service that you have requested, such as an opt-in e-mail travel newsletter.
BirdDog Media aggregates personally identifiable information but never discloses such information to advertisers and other third parties for marketing, promotional, and other purposes unless you have agreed to let us do so.
5. Your options
Users who would rather not provide any of the user data requested by our registration process do not need to register at our network partners’ web sites. Some sites allow their users to view much of the content and use many of the services offered by their site without registering. Users who opt-in may remove themselves from mailing lists at any time through the subscription management pages or by following the instructions at the end of the e-mail they received from the respective web site.
Any modification to our privacy practices will be reflected within this area of our Web site. If there is a material change in our privacy practices, we will indicate on our site that our privacy practices have changed and provide a link to the new privacy statement. If we are going to be using the information collected from users in a manner materially different from that stated at the time of collection we will send affected users written notice of the change.
Please e-mail us if you have any questions or concerns: